Are you looking for land? Not sure if a specific property fits your vision and goals?
If so, we can help you avoid mistakes that can cost significant time and money in the long run. We start with a questionnaire and consultation to help understand your vision and goals as well as your assets and challenges. We then work with you to develop a set of criteria for evaluating different properties.
Once you have located a property, we can prepare site maps (aerial, topography, soil), do a site walkthrough, and produce an assessment report that evaluates site features (topography, water, buildings and infrastructure, access and roads, fencing, soils, and existing plant communities) against your criteria. The report can help you answer some of the following questions:
- Does the lay of the land support the crops you want to grow?
- What is the quality of water available? Can you easily capture and store water?
- Are there issues with pollutants?Does the existing infrastructure suit your goals and vision?
- If not what kind of investment may be required?
- How productive is the soil?
- How much work will it take to get it to a productive state for growing crops?
- What is the quality of existing vegetation?
- How diverse and healthy is it?What are the potential pest and predator issues?
- Is the property located in a community that supports your goals?